In the world of manufacturing today, the potential liability of shipping a defective part is catastrophic to you, your customer and the consumer. Resonant Inspection via Non-Destructive Test Resonant Acoustic Method (NDT-RAM™) is designed to help
you deliver fully inspected parts, economically and on time, giving you confidence in the quality of your parts.
The principle of NDT-RAM is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected signature or pattern indicates the presence of a structural flaw or variation. A familiar example
is a cracked bell that no longer has a clear ring and cannot hold its tone. Learn more about how NDT-RAM compares to other methods of non-destructive testing and non-destructive inspection.
NDT-RAM detects imperfections such as variances in dimension, geometry, weight, density, bonding, voids, cracks and missed manufacturing processes. The entire procedure takes approximately 3 seconds per part, allowing for efficient quality control
testing of all the parts in your process line.
Who needs NDT Resonant Inspection?
Manufacturers or users of metal parts that:
- Have substantial inspection cost
- Require 100% inspection of their parts
- Desire to improve quality of their parts
- Produce and/or use safety-critical parts
- Have customers demanding higher quality
- Have substantial scrap costs due to false rejects
What can NDT Resonant Inspection detect?
- No "part preparation" required
- Inspection in one to three seconds per part, typical*
- Reduction of scrap costs with elimination of false rejects
- Process compensation for common process variables
- Easy to learn and use application software
- Report generation, including statistical analysis
- Industrial package - NEMA4 enclosure, sealed PC
- Same system can test many different parts
- Confidence that all tested parts are defect-free
*Part throughput rate dependent upon part size, belt size, data acquisition setup parameters, and other part handling requirements