Remote Access to Noise Data
- Network Access 24/7 – Connect from your smartphone, computer, or mobile device and have direct access with the meter at your remote location. Make updates, receive alerts, change test parameters, check microphone calibration,
and download data with ease.
- Complete Power Solutions – Battery Powered. Available Solar Power options allowing your Noise Monitoring System to run endlessly and sufficiently.
- Real-Time Alerts – Receive email or texts with data and sound recordings when set noise limits are exceeded.
- Own Your Data – Control your data without monthly access and maintenance costs.
Outdoor Noise Monitoring Applications
NMS044 is suitable for a wide range of outdoor noise monitoring applications, including:
- Construction Noise Monitoring
- Environmental Noise Studies and Compliance
- Airport Noise Management
- Traffic Noise Studies
- Community Noise Monitoring
- National Park Noise Monitoring
- Wind Farm Noise Monitoring
- And more
Which Microphone Should I Use?
Free Field – Designed to be used when the field of measurement is open and not filled with hard, reflective surfaces (in other words, when the measurement is being taken in an open area). There are two ways of using a
free field microphone:
- Pointed directly at the sound source of interest, for example when getting a sound profile for a piece of equipment or making sound power measurements
- Placed in the center of all sound sources and pointed 90 degrees away (up) – for example in many environmental studies, National Park studies, traffic studies, or construction noise studies when the surrounding environment is wide open.
Random Incidence – Designed to measure a sound field with multiple sources in multiple directions. Used in reflective areas, random incidence microphones react equally to pressure waves from every direction. Typical applications
- Indoor crowd noise
- Building acoustics (classroom, theater, sanctuary)
- Sound chambers
Pressure Field – Designed to measure the sound pressure in front of the diaphragm. Pressure microphones typically allow for a greater dynamic range, and have a very flat response across the full frequency spectrum. The pressure
microphones offered by TMS for rent feature low sensitivity that allows the noise monitoring system to measure higher dB levels without overloading.
- Indoor/outdoor gun ranges, ballistics testing
- High intensity work sites (e.g. pile-driving)
- Monitoring very loud machinery or systems
|Microphone Description||Model Number||Response|
|General Purpose (Traffic, etc.)||377B02||Free Field|
|High Level (Factory, etc.)||377C10||Pressure Field|
|Extremely High Level (Ballistics at near range, etc.)||377A12||Pressure Field|
|Random Incidence to Full Hearing Range||377A21||Random Incidence|
|Extremely Low Level (National Parks, sanctuaries, etc.)||378A04||Free Field|
*Microphone range varies with meter used, preamplifier, etc. Contact our rental team for more details.
|Designed for use with environmental shroud||PRM2103-FF|
Sync Sound and Weather Data
Various weather parameters can be collected and synced with other measured data. Parameters that can be measured may include wind speed, gust speed, direction, temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure. The Modal Shop
rents these sensors as kits (denoted
by the "K" prefix in the model number). Kits include
- Selected weather sensor (SEN031 or SEN032)
- Cable to mate weather sensor, batteries, and meter
- Necessary hardware adaptors for tripods and cabling
| Included|| Optional|| Not Available|
|Purpose||Model Number||Wind (Speed & Direction)||Temperature||Humidity||Barometric Pressure||Rain Rate||Hail Rate|
|Wind speed and direction||KSEN032|
All power sources listed below included in rental of NMS044 system.
|Power Source||Model Number||Description|
|Solar Power||SLP002||Portable folding 100 W solar panel with integrated stand and carrying case|
|Line Power||PSA039||AC power supply|
|Battery||BAT020||35 Ah SLA battery|
|Monopod||(Built-in to system)*|
|Light-duty, short-term use for attended measurements||TRP001|
|Heavy-duty, unattended tripod||TRP003|
* When using NMS044 with weather station, additional tripod is required.
Optional Cellular Data Plans for Outdoor Noise Monitoring Systems
Select 831C-SIM option for 4G Wireless AT&T SIM card and data plan with static IP address. Roaming and overage charges may apply (10GB data plan included).
Standard NMS044 Noise Monitoring System Includes
|SoundAdvisor 831C||Sound Level Meter, Class 1|
|831C-LOG||Data logging firmware option. Logging of time histories with interval from 20 ms to 24 hours|
|831C-ELA||Event processing option. Exceedance-based logging analysis with event, interval, and daily histories|
|831C-SW||Firmware option for direct USB support of Sierra Wireless RV-50 gateway|
|EPS044||Weatherproof outdoor hard case for Noise Monitoring System|
|COM-RV50X||Sierra Wireless RV50 cellular 4G (XLTE) universal gateway for use in the US and Canada|
|PRM2103-FF||Outdoor Preamplifier for Model 831 with Remote Calibration Check, humidity reading, and heater, 377B02 pre-polarized microphone.|
|EPS2116||Environmental protection for 1/2" preamplifiers, with windscreen and bird spike|
|SLP002||Portable folding 100 Watt solar panel with integrated stand and carrying case|
|BAT020||35 Ah SLA battery|
|PSA039||AC power supply for use with EPS044 & NMS044|
|Misc||Cables and accessories|
|Communication||4G LTE modem included (data plan optional, see above), WiFi for close proximity data pull, and Ethernet available|
|Software||G4 LD Utility Software for remote connection to meter: set up, control, view live data, and generate reports|