NDT-RAM Systems Preventive Maintenance Checklist
Recommended Maintenance for Your Quality Inspection Systems
Performing regularly scheduled preventive maintenance on your NDT-RAM systems is a great way to ensure quality output from your facility. Our team has created a checklist of things to review, clean, or replace on your NDT-RAM system. From hammer tips and cable replacements to periodic calibration, preventive maintenance will help keep your system running smoothly for decades to come.
- Replace the Hammer Cable and Hammer Tip
- NDT-AUTO System Recommendations
- Conveyor Belt
- Check the condition and alignment of the conveyor belt
- The incoming roller of the conveyor has adjustment screws for setting alignment
- Check the belt for damage or excessive wear – replace as needed
- Make sure that the encoder and encoder guarding are operational and free of damage. The encoder is mounted to the end roller opposite the motor in a black enclosure.
- NDT-DTF System Recommendations
- Load Cell Impact Tip
- Replace the impact tip on the load cell. It’s a good idea to do this every 6 months to 1-year (dependent on throughput volume and part size).
- Part Slide and Internal Cabinet
- Check part slide and internal cabinet pieces for excessive wear and replace as needed
- Part Sorting Drum
- Remove the part sorting drum and clean behind it
- The part sorting drum can be removed by inserting a long hex wrench into the hole in the front center and loosening the set screw
- Pull the drum off
- Clean the drum and the surface behind the drum
- Sorting Bins
- Check pass and fail bins for damage or excessive wear and replace as needed
- Don’t Forget About Calibration!
- The Modal Shop offers calibration services for NDT-RAM systems
- Onsite in Your Facility – contact us for a quote for services performed locally on your System
- DIY Calibration – We also sell or rent calibration kits so that you can calibrate systems yourself. Contact us to learn more.
To troubleshoot common system issues, see NDT-RAM Troubleshooting Tips.