9100D Portable Shaker Table Vibration Field Tester
Confirm Vibration Alarms, Proximity Probes, Velocity Sensors, Accelerometers
Ideal for checking accelerometers, velocity transducers and proximity probes over a wide frequency (5 Hz to 10 kHz) and amplitude (20 g) operating range, the 9100D Portable Shaker Table is rugged throughout, with simple and elegant usability and robust internal components. In contrast to more elaborate laboratory style systems, the 9100D is a portable shaker table, making it perfect for testing in the field or at a customer's site.
Loading the player...
Validate Sensors and Instrumentation
Industrial vibration sensor calibration for the following types of vibration sensors, systems, and meters:
- Industrial, seismic and high temp charge output accelerometers
- 4-20 mA loop velocity vibration transmitters
- Eddy current probes / proximity probes
- Moving coil vibration sensors
- Condition monitoring system, process control, DCS and SCADA
- Portable vibration meters and analyzers
Benefits of Field Testing
- Reduced Business Interruption Insurance Risk: Calibration, vibration sensor validation, and confirmation of alarms in the vibration protection system are part of the recommended best practices issued by risk engineers representing the world’s primary insurance underwriters. Checks, certifications and audits of the condition monitoring system – like a well maintained fire protection system - make the plant more desirable in a potentially tough insurance market.
- Cost Savings: Save the maintenance budget, validate old sensors instead of throwing them away. With no moving parts, piezoelectric instrumentation and proximity probes can generate reliable output for years. Too often these sensors are deemed disposable, tossed away and replaced on an annual basis.
- Promote Safety: Catastrophic machinery failures have dangerous consequences. The vibration protection system is often the last line of defense. Simulating vibration faults and testing the system ensures your teammates are safe on the job.
- Reduce Downtime: Machinery failure without warning becomes a thing of the past with a field tested vibration protection system.
- Peace of Mind: When that $1 million asset begins to fail, will you get a critical text to your cell phone from the monitoring system? The calibrator is a low cost insurance policy against vibration protection system failure. Simulating vibration faults at various running speeds allows reliability managers to ensure they will.
- Improve Personnel Efficiency: Stop “chasing ghosts.” Checking nuisance vibration trips with a portable shaker table identifies cabling faults, scaling errors, programming errors and sensor sensitivity shift allowing analysts to focus the real goal: uptime.
- Strengthen departmental relationships and confidence: Often false vibration alarm trips are just as costly as late trips. Operations department scoffs as reliability struggles to explain the shutdown to management. Confidence in the system erodes quickly and costs time and money. Field verification promotes confidence and uncovers system errors.
- Rugged portability
- Sturdy internal shaker element design with carbon fiber composite armature flexures
- Legendary protection and quality of Pelican® Cases
- Watertight, crushproof
- Two press and pull latches
- Simple and elegant usability
- Adjust frequency ranges and amplitude settings with just two dials
- English or metric units on LCD screen
- Lightweight at 18 lb (8.2 kg) allowing for easy mobility
- Battery life up to 18 hours
- Precision control and stability
- Integral ICP® quartz reference accelerometer
- State of the art digital electronics
- Ideal for in-situ validation
- Ensure end-to-end functionality
- Confirm alarm trip points are set properly
- Guarantees accuracy and reliability of test with integrated reference accelerometer traceable to NIST
- Validate from 5 Hz to 10 kHz (300 to 600 000 CPM)
- Amplitudes up to 20 g
Whether your goal is vibration monitoring loop checking, proximity probe calibration, accelerometer calibration, 4-20 mA transmitter validation, or other vibration system checks, the Model 9100D Portable Shaker Table, a mobile vibration shaker from The Modal Shop, can help promote safety, improve efficiency, and maintain peace of mind.