Request a Free Parts Test
Find Out if NDT-RAM is Right for You
The Modal Shop offers feasibility testing to assist you in determining if the NDT-RAM technique is appropriate for your non-destructive testing needs. Please complete the form below, providing as much information as possible.
Upon receipt, a member of the NDT Team will contact you to either issue an RMA tracking number or, if the parts are too heavy or too large to ship, to schedule an onsite visit. If you are issued an RMA tracking number, please make certain to indicate this RMA number when shipping parts to The Modal Shop to ensure timely processing of your test.
For guidelines on what is needed to complete the feasibility testing, please refer to the Test Parameters and Guidelines section located at the end of this form.
TEST PARAMETERS AND GUIDELINES
- Ductile or Grey Iron Castings – Parts test defined by 30-50 conforming parts and as many non-conforming as available of each type of defect from one day’s production (should include a sampling of all cavities). NVH requires that a copy of the specification be provided to TMS prior to testing.
- Powdered Metal & Forgings – Parts test defined by 30-50 conforming parts and as many non-conforming as available of each type of defect to be sorted from one production lot or day’s production.
- Non-conforming parts must be representative of defects that occur naturally during the manufacturing process. Drilling, grinding, cutting, or crushing conforming parts is not an acceptable alternative to providing naturally occurring defects.
- Please have all parts packaged separately by lot and marked as conforming or non-conforming.
- Please do not send parts to The Modal Shop without an RMA number and shipping approval from an NDT representative.