Low Frequency Calibration of 190501 Velomitor CT Transducer
Calibrating a Velomitor CT with a Low Frequency Portable Vibration Calibrator
Model 190501 Velomitor* CT (Cooling Tower) is a durable, low frequency piezoelectric velocity sensor designed to measure machinery casing vibration. This sensor is ideally suited for machinery operating at or above 90 RPM (100 to 300 RPM typical), such as fans (in particular air-cooled, heat-exchanger fan assemblies), cooling towers, and pumps. It is the low frequency version of the standard 330500 Velomitor, with a sensitivity of 100 mV/in/s (3.94 mV/mm/s) over a frequency range from 1.5 Hz to 1.0 kHz (90 CPM to 60000 CPM).
How to Calibrate the 190501 Velomitor CT Velocity Transducer
Take a look at the following video to learn how to calibrate a 190501 Velomitor CT with a Model 9210D Low Frequency Portable Vibration Calibrator. Model 9210D allows users to program tests to run semi-automatically and provides easy to understand pass/fail results. Bring the Portable Calibrator right to the location of the sensors and loop test at the actual running speed of the machine.
Loading the player...
Why Use a Low Frequency Portable Vibration Calibrator to Test Velomitor CT Sensors?
Protect slow speed rotating equipment by ensuring your vibration sensors are in good condition.
- Create NIST-traceable Model 190501 Velomitor CT calibration certificates directly from the saved data with no additional data entry using the supplied Report Generation Workbook
- Receive immediate pass/fail indication with tests pre-programmed using the Report Generation Workbook
- Bring the calibrator to the location of the sensors and test the entire vibration protection system in-place at the running speed of the machine to verify alerts and alarms
- Test at frequencies from 0.7 Hz (42 CPM) to 2 kHz (120k CPM)
* Denotes a trademark of Bently Nevada, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Hughes, a GE company