Automotive - NDT Inspection
We have gone through an unprecedented time in the automotive industry. With continued consolidation of product lines and suppliers, you can not afford quality mishaps. Resonant Inspection via Non-Destructive Test Resonant Acoustic Method (NDT-RAM™) is designed to help you supply 100% fully inspected powder metal, cast, ductile iron, forged or stamped metal component parts. NDT-RAM offers you assurance in the integrity of your product and performance. Below find a list of some typical automotive parts tested using NDT-RAM. Learn more about NDT-RAM
Typical Automotive Parts
In powder metal (PM), cast, ductile iron, forged or stamped parts, NDT-RAM detects variances such as cracks, voids, porosity, nodularity, missing features and missed manufacturing processes. The entire procedure occurs as fast as three seconds per part, allowing for efficient and cost effective quality assurance. Your performance is guarded, your liability is limited and your reputation in the industry grows. As a contributor to state-of-the-art innovative quality inspection, The Modal Shop is a member of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF), American Foundry Society (AFS), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) and ASTM International.
• Cracks, chips and holes
• Missing features
• Variations in hardness
• Bonding, welding or brazing failures
• Missing machining or heat-treating processes
All of the NDT-RAM systems are ideal for 100% inspection requirements of manufacturers or users of powder metal, metal injection molded (MIM), castings (including ductile iron), forgings or stampings that have significant inspection costs (either material or labor costs), produce or use safety-critical parts, have substantial scrap costs due to false rejects or simply want to improve their part quality.
• Speed - approximately 3 seconds per part, typical*
• Versatility - multiple part numbers can be used on a single system
• Ease of use - no part preparation is needed for testing
• Objectiveness - no human interpretation is necessary, a simple pass/fail result is returned by the NDT-RAM system and parts are automatically sorted
* Part throughput rate dependent upon part size, belt size, data acquisition setup parameters, and other part handling requirements
See More Industry Applications
• Noise, Vibration and Harshness
• Medical MIM/PIM
• What is Non-Destructive Testing?
• Resonant Acoustic Method
• How the Equipment Works...
• Measurement and Detection Principles
• Advantages of NDT-RAM™
• Case Studies
• Comparison of Non-Destructive Methods
Back to NDT