Noise, Vibration and Harshness
As vehicle engineers have reduced engine and transmission noise levels, brake squeals, groans, other body noise related issues have become an annoyance for the more demanding automotive buyer. In order to increase vehicle sound quality and reduce noise related warranty claims, automotive customers have established brake component specifications for the first set of natural frequencies they expect their suppliers to meet and measure. NDT-RAM™ effectively handles high volume parts, accurately measures the first set of natural frequencies and stores the data with user customizable fields for tracking part, cavity, weight, etc. Learn more about NDT-RAM
Typical NVH Parts
In powder metal (PM), cast, ductile iron, forged or stamped parts, NDT-RAM detects variances such as cracks, voids, porosity, nodularity, missing features and missed manufacturing processes. The entire procedure occurs typically as fast as approximately three seconds per part*, allowing for efficient and cost effective quality assurance. Your performance is guarded, your liability is limited and your reputation in the industry grows. As a contributor to state-of-the-art innovative quality inspection, The Modal Shop is a member of the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF), American Foundry Society (AFS), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) and ASTM International.
• Cracks, chips and holes
• Missing features
• Variations in hardness
• Bonding, welding or brazing failures
• Missing machining or heat-treating processes
All of the NDT-RAM systems are ideal for 100% inspection requirements of manufacturers or users of powder metal, metal injection molded (MIM), castings (including ductile iron), forgings or stampings that have significant inspection costs (either material or labor costs), produce or use safety-critical parts, have substantial scrap costs due to false rejects or simply want to improve their part quality.
• Speed - approximately 3 seconds per part, typical*
• Versatility - multiple part numbers can be used on a single system
• Ease of use - no part preparation is needed for testing
• Objectiveness - no human interpretation is necessary, a simple pass/fail result is returned by the NDT-RAM system and parts are automatically sorted
* Part throughput rate dependent upon part size, belt size, data acquisition setup parameters, and other part handling requirements
See More Industry Applications
• Medical MIM/PIM
• What is Non-Destructive Testing?
• Resonant Acoustic Method
• How the Equipment Works...
• Measurement and Detection Principles
• Advantages of NDT-RAM™
• Case Studies
• Comparison of Non-Destructive Methods
Back to NDT